The Central government on Wednesday (21st June 2023) allocated ₹145 crore to Nagaland for the construction of a Unity Mall in Dimapur.
Aim : At promoting and showcasing the state’s One District One Product (ODOP) offerings, the ministry of commerce & industry said.
* The allocation is part of the Union Budget 2023-24, which has earmarked ₹5,000 crore for the establishment of Unity Malls across the country.
* The announcement was made during an ODOP Sampark event organized by the Department for the Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in collaboration with Invest India and the Department of Industries and Commerce, Nagaland.
* The event aimed to raise awareness about the ODOP and PM Gati Shakti initiatives, focusing on promoting local industries and improving logistics.
* Sumita Dawra, Special Secretary of DPIIT, emphasized the efforts of DPIIT and Invest India in conducting a National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) Drive in Kohima.
* The drive focused on chili farming, with over 30 farmers from Kohima participating in the workshop. .