The representatives of Japan in GIS also praised the changed atmosphere of Uttar Pradesh. Investors signed MoU for the investment of Rs 7,200 crores. At the summit, the Japanese company "Hotel Management International Company Limited (HMI Group)" decided to open hotels in 30 cities including Agra, Ayodhya, and Varanasi.
* The efforts of the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government to harness UP’s tourism potential have not only resulted in an increased stream of domestic and foreign tourists, but would also produce numerous employment opportunities in tourist hotspots, an official release said on Sunday (26th Feb 2023).
* In 2022, Uttar Pradesh witnessed the arrival of 24.87 crore tourists to the state, of which the number of foreigners was 4.10 lakh. Owing to the sustained efforts of CM Adityanath, the tourism and hospitality sectors also garnered immense attention from the investors in the Global Investors Summit held recently in the state capital.
* The state government further highlighted the contribution of Japan in the making of hotels in 30 cities of Uttar Pradesh.
* A huge temple of Maryada Purushottam Shriram will also be built in Ayodhya by January 2024, boosting tourism in the state.
* More than 2 crore visitors visited Ayodhya in the first six months of 2022, according to the statement.
* Uttar Pradesh’s tourism and hospitality centres have received investment offers totaling Rs 98193 crores and Rs 20722 crores respectively. These industries would provide around 1.45 lakh job opportunities in the coming years.
* Further, the statement said that the under-construction Vishwanath Dham Corridor and Vindhya Dham helped some cities including Agra, Mathura, Chitrakoot, and Jhansi to develop their tourism potential.
* The building of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya and Vindhya Dham in Vindhyachal is also progressing quickly.
* The large inflow of international and local investment in these areas will help ensure that young people have job prospects in their hometowns.
* The UP government received 397 tourism-related proposals, including bids from the top 20 industries. This has the potential to generate an investment of Rs 98,193 crore. More than 2.60 lakh employment would be created, with 437 bids received in the hospitality industry.
* According to the statement, around one lakh youth in Paschimmanchal, Purvanchal, Madhya Pradesh, and Bundelkhand would benefit from this.
Source : Travel and Tour World