The Ministry of Panchayati Raj will be celebrating National Panchayat Awards Week during 17th April 2023 – 21st April 2023 as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) 2.0 in the run-up to the National Panchayati Raj Day (24th April, 2023).
* To celebrate this monumental occasion in the right spirit and in line with the AKAM 2.0 directives of adopting “whole-of-society” and “whole-of-government” approach as well as enhancing the outreach of AKAM 2.0 to touch the lives of every Indian, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has conceptualized a series of Thematic Conferences.
* The National Panchayat Awards Week on the Theme : “Panchayaton ke Sankalpon ki Siddhi ka Utsav” (पंचायतों के संकल्पों की सिद्धि का उत्सव) where the representatives of high performing Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) will not only receive their coveted Awards but will also deliberate and discuss their achievements in the presence of other stakeholders that can set examples for others to follow.
* The five-day National Panchayat Awards Week will commence with organizing ‘National Conference on Incentivization of Panchayats-cum-Award Ceremony’ in New Delhi 17th April 2023.
* The President of India has very kindly accorded her consent to inaugurate ‘National Conference on Incentivization of Panchayats-cum-Award Ceremony’ on 17th April, 2023 to flag off the National Panchayat Awards Week, confer the National Panchayat Awards and address the august gathering on this occasion.
* The National Conference on Incentivization of Panchayats-cum-Award Ceremony is expected to witness participation of more than 1,500 delegates from across the country...
Source : PIB