According to a UN report titled, 'World Economic Situation and Prospects as of mid-2023', India’s economy is expected to grow by 5.8% in 2023 and 6.7% in 2024 (CY), supported by resilient domestic demand.
* The report has also highlighted that the higher interest rates and weaker external demand will continue to weigh on investment and exports this year for the country.
* Inflation in India is expected to decelerate to 5.5 per cent in 2023 as global commodity prices moderate and slower currency depreciation reduces imported inflation.
* The estimates for India’s economic growth in the mid-year assessment remained unchanged from the projections made in the World Economic Situation and Prospects 2023 report launched in January this year.
* The flagship report issued in January had said that India’s GDP is projected to moderate to 5.8 per cent in 2023 as higher interest rates and global economic slowdown weigh on investment and exports.
* India’s economic growth is expected to remain “strong” even as prospects for other South Asian nations "are more challenging.” India is projected to grow at 6.7 per cent in 2024, the fastest-growing major economy in the world
Source : Outlook India
Published On : May 17, 2023
Category : Indian Economy