India started their 2023 Asian Under 20 Athletics Championships campaign by winning three medals, including two gold, on the opening day in Yecheon, South Korea yesterday.
* Rezoana Mallick Heena and Bharatpreet Singh kicked off their campaigns by clinching gold medals in women’s 400-meter race and men’s discus throw respectively.
* The sprinting sensation Henna clocked 53.31 seconds to take the top position on the podium in women's 400 meter.
* Having won the U18 Asian Athletics Championships title earlier this year, Rezoana is now the 400m reigning Asian champion in both the U18 as well as U20 categories.
* Bharatpreet Singh attained a distance of 55.66 meter with his third attempt to be crowned the men's U20 Asian Champion in the discus throw field.
* Antima Pal won India’s third medal of the day, a bronze, in the women’s 5,000-meter race with a time of 17 minutes and 17.11 seconds..
Source : AIR