Ace Indian long jumper Murali Sreeshankar secured a creditable third place in the 2023 Diamond League meet at Paris, France.
* With a jump of 8.09m, in his maiden podium finish in the prestigious one-day meeting series in Paris.
* Commonwealth Games silver medallist Sreeshankar achieved his best jump of the day in his third attempt.
* Sreeshankar also became the only third Indian to finish in the top three of a Diamond League after Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra and former discus thrower Vikas Gowda.
* Olympic Champion Miltiadis Tentoglou of Greece and Simon Ehammer of Switzerland finished ahead of Sreeshankar with jumps of 8.13m and 8.11m respectively.
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur have congratulated Indian long jumper Murali Sreeshankar for his rare feat..
Source : AIR