We are having two types of networks
1) Per-to-peer network.
2) Client-server network.
In the client server architecture always client system behaves as a client and server system behaves as a server.
In the peer to peer client system sometimes behaves as a server, server system sometimes behaves like a client the roles are not fixed.
Types of networks :
It is also known as a private network. To share the information in limited area range(within the organization) then we should go for intranet.
It is also known as public networks. Where the data maintained in a centralized server hence we are having more sharability. And we can access the data from anywhere else.
This is extension to the private network means other than the organization , authorized persons able to access.
The frequently used terms in the networking:-
1) IP Address
2) URL(Uniform Resource Locator)
4) Port Number
5) MAC address.
6) Connection oriented and connection less protocol
Protocol is a set of rules fallowed by the every computer present in the network this is useful to send the data physically from one place to another place in the network.
TCP(Transmission Control Protocol)(connection oriented protocol)
UDP (User Data Gram Protocol)(connection less protocol)
SMTP(Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
IP (Internet Protocol)
1) IP Address is a unique identification number given to the computer to indentify it uniquely in the network.
2) The IP Address is uniquely assigned to the computer it is not duplicated.
3) The IP Address range is 0-255 if we are giving the other than this range that is not allowed.
4) We can identify the particular computer in the network with the help of IP Address.
5) The IP Address contains four digit number
6) Each and every website contains its own IP Address we can access the sites through the names otherwise IP Address.
Site Name :- www.google.com
IP Address :- 184.108.40.206