1) Thread is nothing but separate path of sequential execution.
2) The independent execution technical name is called thread.
3) Whenever different parts of the program executed simultaneously that each and every part is called thread.
4) The thread is light weight process because whenever we are creating thread it is not occupying the separate memory it uses the same memory. Whenever the memory is shared means it is not consuming more memory.
5) Executing more than one thread a time is called multithreading.