Olympic gold medal winner Neeraj Chopra has secured victory with 88.67 m throw at Doha Diamond League 2023. Chopra’s first throw was 88.67 which was a great way to start the new season.
* His first throw was enough to seal the victory for him but he still tried to push ahead. Chopra’s second throw resulted in an 86.04m distance, maintaining his lead in the charts over Tokyo Olympics silver medallist Jakub Vadlejch, who was able to reach 88.63m, and world champion Anderson Peters, whose best attempt is 85.88m.
* The Czech Republic thrower moved up to second place, overtaking Anderson Peters. Neeraj made a foul on his fourth attempt.
* On the other hand, India’s Eldhose Paul, who is a champion in triple jump at the Commonwealth Games, secured the 10th position in a field of 11 men during his Diamond League debut.
* His first attempt resulted in a jump of 15.84m, which was his best distance throughout the event.
* The 26-year-old athlete from India attempted 13.65m and 14.70m in his next two jumps, but couldn’t advance to the medal round. His personal best in this discipline is 16.99m, which he achieved at the Federation Cup in India last year.