The common differences between data science and big data are :
Big Data :
* Large collection of data sets that cannot be stored in a traditional system
* Popular in the field of communication, purchase and sale of goods, financial services, and educational sector
* Big Data solves problems related to data management and handling, and analyze insights resulting in informed decision making
* Popular tools are Hadoop, Spark, Flink, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
Data Science :
* An interdisciplinary field that includes analytical aspects, statistics, data mining, machine learning, etc.
* Common applications are digital advertising, web research, recommendation systems (Netflix, Amazon, Facebook), speech and handwriting recognition applications
* Data Science uses machine learning algorithms and statistical methods to obtain accurate predictions from raw data
* Popular tools are Python, R, SAS, SQL, etc.