Correct Answer : Option (A) - Justice MS Ramachandra Rao
The Central government Friday (26th May 2023) notified the appointment of Justice MS Ramachandra Rao as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
* The office of the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court has been vacant since January this year after the retirement of Chief Justice Amjad Sayed.
* The Supreme Court Collegium headed by CJI DY Chandrachud had recommended Justice Rao's elevation last month. It had reasoned that the Telangana High Court (Justice Rao's parent High Court), presently has no representation among Chief Justices of the High Courts.
* Justice M S Ramachandra Rao was appointed as a judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh on June 29, 2012.
* On the bifurcation of the State of Andhra Pradesh, he opted for Telangana as his parent High Court.
* He was transferred as a judge of the High Court of Punjab and Haryana on October 12, 2021 where he is currently a judge..
Source : Bar and Bench