Correct Answer : Option (B) - Ashwini Vaishnaw
The fourth-largest railway network of the world – the Indian Railways has tested its indigenous automatic train protection system ‘Kavach’ to boost safety in trains operation. Union Minister of Railways, Communication and Electronics & Information Technology, "Ashwini Vaishnaw", inspected the trial of ‘Kavach’ on 4th March.
The Successful trial of ‘Kavach’ was conducted between Gullaguda – Chitgidda Railway stations in South Central Railway. Under the mission, Atmanirbhar Bharat – 2,000 km of the network will be brought under ‘Kavach’ for safety and capacity augmentation in 2022-23. The indigenous Automatic Train Protection System is one of the cheapest systems and has a Safety Integrity Level 4 (SIL-4) certified technology with the probability of 1 error in 10,000 years.
KAVACH : The KAVACH is an indigenously developed ATP system by the Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) in collaboration with Indian industry and trials facilitated by South Central Railway to achieve the corporate objective of safety in train operations across Indian Railways. It is a state of the art electronic system of Safety Integrity Level – 4 standards.
KAVACH is meant to provide protection by preventing trains to pass the signal at Danger (Red) and avoid a collision. It activates the train braking system automatically if the driver fails to control the train as per the speed restrictions. In addition, it prevents collision between two Locomotives equipped with a functional KAVACH system.
Features of KAVACH :
* Prevention of Signal Passing at Danger (SPAD)
* Continuous update of Movement Authority with a display of signal aspects in Driver Machine Interface (DMI) / Loco Pilot operation cum Indication Panel (LPOCIP)
* Automatic Braking for Prevention of Over Speeding
* Auto Whistling while approaching Level Crossing Gates
* Prevention of collision between two Locomotives equipped with functional KAVACH
* SoS Messages during emergency situations
Centralized live monitoring of Train movements through the Network Monitor System.Source : News On Air