Edge computing can be incorporated into a wide variety of applications, products, and services. A few possibilities include:
* Security system monitoring : As described above.
* IoT devices : Smart devices that connect to the Internet can benefit from running code on the device itself, rather than in the cloud, for more efficient user interactions.
* Self-driving cars : Autonomous vehicles need to react in real time, without waiting for instructions from a server.
* More efficient caching : By running code on a CDN edge network, an application can customize how content is cached to more efficiently serve content to users.
* Medical monitoring devices : It is crucial for medical devices to respond in real time without waiting to hear from a cloud server.
* Video conferencing : Interactive live video takes quite a bit of bandwidth, so moving backend processes closer to the source of the video can decrease lag and latency.