Correct Answer : Option (C) - Novak Djokovic
Novak Djokovic became the first player to win 80 matches at all four Grand Slams as he made a successful start to his Wimbledon title 2022 defence on Monday(27th June 2022) while teenage star Carlos Alcaraz battled over five sets to make the second round.
* Six-time champion and top seed Djokovic saw off South Korea's Kwon Soo-woo 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.
* But 20-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic was made to work after falling a break down in the opening two sets against his 81st-ranked opponent.
* "Now we have got to 80 wins, let's get to 100," said Djokovic.
* Djokovic, 35, is attempting to win a fourth successive Wimbledon title and join a select group.
* In the Open era, only Bjorn Borg, Pete Sampras and Roger Federer have managed such a streak at the All England Club.
* Next up for Djokovic is Thanasi Kokkanikis. "Novak is kind of a brick wall," said the Australian.
* Alcaraz, a potential quarter-final opponent for Djokovic, came back from two sets to one down to defeat Germany's Jan-Lennard Struff.
* The 19-year-old fired 30 aces and 73 winners in a dazzling display of shot-making to win 4-6, 7-5, 4-6, 7-6 (7/3), 6-4.
"Last year, I played five sets in the first round here as well so this shows how much I like grass," joked Alcaraz..Source : First Post