Correct Answer : Option (B) - Rajesh Exports
Rajesh Exports, a gold retailer based in Bangalore, has announced plans to invest $3 billion to build India’s first display manufacturing plant. This is a major revolutionary investment as Display manufacturing Industry has traditionally been absent from India’s diverse electronics manufacturing industry. As the world steadily recovers from the chip shortage, countries all around the world are enacting measures to stimulate domestic semiconductor manufacturing investment.
Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao along with Chairman of Rajesh Exports Rajesh Mehta announced setting up of Generation 6 AMOLED Display FAB, an official release said here on Sunday(12th June 2022).
* Telangana’s government has declared that a business called Rajesh Exports will build India’s first display manufacturing plant in the state. They have put around $3 billion on this.
* The facility will be set up by Elest, a business that makes screens for cellphones and electric vehicles.
* Many programmes, such as the PLI plan, have been created by the Indian government to encourage enterprises to produce domestically in India.
* Telangana has positioned India as a global leader in advanced high-tech manufacturing.
* The things that was previously only possible in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan will now be possible in Telangana, to build a large-scale ecosystem of partners and ancillaries capable of supplying world-class television, smartphone, and tablet manufacturers.
Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao tweeted :
"Historic day for Telangana. Rajesh Exports (Elest), a Fortune-500 company, to setup India's first Display FAB to manufacture the most advanced AMOLED displays, with an investment of Rs 24,000 crore, making it one of the largest investments in high-tech manufacturing sector in India."..Source : Business Standard
Published On : June 15, 2022
Category : Business and Economics