Correct Answer : Option (D) - Max Verstappen
Max Verstappen emerged victorious at the Spanish Grand Prix 2023, clinching the pole position and extending his lead in the Formula One championship by 53 points.
* Red Bull's dominance continued as they celebrated their seventh consecutive triumph of the season.
* Lewis Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, secured the second spot for Mercedes but trailed a substantial 24.090 seconds behind Verstappen. Hamilton's teammate, George Russell, completed the podium, marking a successful outing for the Mercedes team at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya, despite the cloudy yet dry conditions.
* Sergio Perez of Red Bull, Verstappen's closest contender in what seems to be a season destined to crown the Dutch prodigy for the third time, fought back from an 11th-place start to finish fourth.
* Verstappen's triumph in Spain marked his fifth win of the season, his third consecutive victory, and his third triumph in Spain. It also marked his 40th Formula One win, adding to his remarkable track record.
* Lando Norris of McLaren, who initially started in third position, experienced a broken front wing during the first lap after contact with Hamilton, forcing him to pit and resulting in a disappointing 17th-place finish.
* The performance of the Mercedes drivers sparked discussions, as the team showcased a redesigned car following a lacklustre start to the season. Mercedes moved up to second place in the championship standings with 152 points, while Red Bull maintained a commanding lead with 287 points. Aston Martin dropped to third place with 134 points.
* Carlos Sainz secured fifth place, followed by Lance Stroll and Fernando Alonso in the Aston Martins, finishing sixth and seventh, respectively.
* Esteban Ocon of Alpine claimed the eighth position, with Guanyu Zhou of Alfa Romeo in ninth. Pierre Gasly, who faced a six-place grid penalty despite qualifying fourth, managed to secure the final point for Renault-owned Alpine.
* Charles Leclerc of Ferrari, who endured a nightmare in qualifying and started from the pitlane, finished in 11th place.