Correct Answer : Option (D) - Naveen Patnaik
Odisha Chief Minister "Naveen Patnaik" on Monday(10th Oct 2022) launched ‘Football for All’ in the state to take the culture of football to the grassroots.
* The Programme has been initiated by FIFA in Odisha in partnership with the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) & Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
* Over 43000 footballs will be distributed to children in about 2000 schools.
* This is the first such programme of FIFA in India that aims at promoting football among school children.
* Joining the programme on virtual platform, the CM said that Football is the most popular game and brings together people across the globe.
* Saying that it’s a proud moment for Odisha to be the host venue for the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup, he said, “We have partnered with AIFF and FIFA to bring the best of football to the state.
* This World Cup will give a major boost towards development of football in the state,” he emphasised.
* Expressing happiness over the launch of the programme, he thanked FIFA for choosing Odisha for this program and appreciated the role of Dr Achyuta Samanta and KIIT-KISS for bringing this program to Odisha.
* The CM looked forward to future partnerships with FIFA for development of football in Odisha.
* Sports Minister Tusharkanti Behera
said that under the vision of CM Patnaik
, the state is investing heavily in sports infrastructure. “FIFA partnership will help promote football at the school level
,” he added..Source : The Print