Correct Answer : Option (B) - June 20, 2022
Every year, World Refugee Day is observed on June 20, 2022. This day is dedicated to refugees all over the world. It throws light on the difficulties faced by refugees who have been displaced from the places they belong, like their countries and homes, due to certain issues. The United Nations has celebrated this day since 2001. Currently, there are more than 100 countries that honor this day for asylum seekers.
WORLD REFUGEE DAY 2022 HISTORY :
* The day was decided by the United Nations General Assembly on June 20. But they adopted resolution 55/76 on December 4, 2000.
* The day was first celebrated on June 20, 2001. The event marks the 50th anniversary of the 1951 refugee convention that discussed refugee protection.
WORLD REFUGEE DAY 2022 SIGNIFICANCE :
* Refugee day plays a significant role in understanding the refugees who are going through various challenges on a regular basis.
* The term refugee is defined as a person who is forced to leave their homeland due to war, prosecution and natural calamities.
* Therefore, this is an area of concern that makes global leaders notice and take action to reduce the plight of refugees who are forced to leave their places.
WORLD REFUGEE DAY 2022 THEME :
* The theme for this year's World Refugee Day is ‘Whoever, Whatever, Whenever. Everyone has a right to seek safety.
This year the theme is based on the right to seek safety and all the refugees across the world should be treated with dignity in whatever place they belong to..Source : India Today