Correct Answer : Option (D) - November 19
World Toilet Day is celebrated on November 19 every year to raise awareness about people living without access to safely managed sanitation and initiate action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
* The UN General Assembly declared World Toilet Day an official UN day in 2013 after Singapore had tabled the resolution.
World Toilet Day theme 2022 : The theme of World Toilet Day 2022 is "Let’s make the invisible visible."
World Toilet Day significance : Today, 3.6 billion people are still living with poor-quality toilets that ruin their health and pollute their environment.
* Over 800 children under age five die from diarrhoea linked to unsafe water, sanitation and poor hygiene.
* Even where toilets are there, overflows and leaves from pipes and septic systems and dumping or improper treatment lead to untreated waste spreading into the environment.
* Everyone should have access to a toilet connected to a sanitation system that effectively removes and treats human waste.
* Inadequate sanitation systems spread human waste into rivers, lakes and soil.
* "Safe sanitation protects groundwater. Toilets that are properly sited and connected to safely managed sanitation systems, collect, treat and dispose of human waste, and help prevent human waste from spreading into groundwater," United Nations said.
* It added, "Sanitation must withstand climate change. Toilets and sanitation systems must be built or adapted to cope with extreme weather events so that services always function and groundwater is protected."
The UN website states, "Sanitation action is urgent. We are seriously off track to ensure safe toilets for all by 2030. With only eight years left, the world needs to work four times faster to meet our promise."Source : Times now News