Correct Answer : Option (D) - World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
The Global Innovation Index (GII) is an index that provides detailed metrics about the innovation performance of 131 countries and economies all over the world.
* The index was first released in 2007 and is released annually.
* It is published by INSEAD, Cornell University, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), along with other institutions.
* The index uses 80 indicators that take into account a wide idea of innovation including education, political environment, business sophistication, and infrastructure.
* The index is based on both objective and subjective data compiled from various sources including the World Bank, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), and the International Monetary Fund.
* The GII has become an important reference for governments and businesses to measure a country’s performance on innovation.