Correct Answer : Option (C) - Dina Boluarte
Dina Boluarte took office as the new President of Peru on Wednesday(7th Dec 2022), after Congress ousted former president Pedro Castillo.
* In this turbulent context, Boluarte, who until a few hours ago was the country’s Vice President, took over as Castillo’s successor after being sworn in before the plenary session of Congress on Wednesday afternoon.
* She is the first female president in Peru’s history, and the sixth Peruvian president in less than five years.
* Boluarte’s term will extend through July 2026.
* In her first speech as President, Boluarte on Wednesday(7th Dec 2022) called for a “political truce to install a government of national unity” and said that she would fight corruption with the support of the country’s Attorney General’s Office and Comptroller’s Office.
* “My first task is to fight corruption, in all forms,” Boluarte said. “I have seen with revulsion how the press and judicial bodies have reported shameful acts of robbery against the money of all Peruvians, this cancer must be rooted out.”
* Boluarte’s predecessor Castillo was removed from office and arrested on Wednesday for unconstitutionally declaring the temporary closure of Congress, according to several constitutional analysts in the country.
* At least seven cabinet ministers and other senior officials resigned in protest of Castillo’s move, accusing the former president of attempting a coup.
* Dina Ercilia Boluarte Zegarra, 60, graduated in Law from the San Martín de Porres Private University, where she also obtained her Master’s degree in Notarial and Registry Law, according to her resume.
* She began her political career in 2007, at the National Registry of Identification and Civil Status in Surco, as an advisor to senior management and, later, as the head of the local office.
In 2018, she was a candidate for mayor of Surquillo with the Peru Libre Party. Two years later, in 2020, she ran in extraordinary parliamentary elections, but failed to win a seat..Source : CNN