Correct Answer : Option (C) - Jitendra Singh
On August 23, 2021, Shri Jitendra Singh, The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Science and Technology, launched a new Geospatial Planning Portal under Bhuvan named “Yuktdhara” to facilitate the planning of new MGNREGA assets using GIS-based information and Remote Sensing.
About Yuktdhara :
* The Yuktdhara portal has been jointly developed by ISRO and the Ministry of Rural Development.
* The platform will serve as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programmes i.e. MGNREGA, Integrated Watershed Management Programme, Per Drop More Crop and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana etc., along with field photographs.
It would ensure quality of plan and enable a long term monitoring of the assets created over the years.
Ministry of Rural Development :
* The Ministry of Rural Development is a branch of the Government of India, entrusted with the task of enhancing the socio-economic development of rural India.
* It focuses on education, piped drinking water, health, public housing and roads.
* On 7 July 2021, during the 1st cabinet reshuffle of the 2nd Modi ministry, Giriraj Singh replaced Narendra Singh Tomar as the Minister of Rural Development.