Correct Answer : Option (C) - 1st August
Every year, World Lung Cancer Day is observed on 01st August to raise awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and highlight the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment. Lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer deaths among men and women.
World Lung Cancer Day History : The campaign was first organised in 2012 by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS), in collaboration with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the American College of Chest Physicians. The IASLC is the largest organisation in the world of its kind that only deals with lung cancer.
Types of Lung Cancer: Lung cancer can be broadly classified into two main types :
* Small cell lung cancers (SCLC)
* Non-small lung cancers (NSCLS)
NSCLS can be further classified into three main types :
* Squamous cell carcinomas
* Large cell carcinomas
Most common symptoms of Lung Cancer :
* Lung cancer causes pain in the chest and ribs.
* The most common symptom includes coughing which can be chronic, dry, with phlegm or blood.
* It can cause fatigue and loss of appetite.
* Lung cancer increases the risk of respiratory infections, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
* Other common symptoms include weight loss, hoarseness, swollen lymph node, and weakness.
Treatment of lung cancer : The treatment of lung cancer depends on the stage of cancer that’s detected in an individual body and how far the illness has damaged blood vessels, lymph, and nodes. The treatment of lung cancer can be broadly classified into 4 different types :
* Targeted therapy
* Radiation therapy
Source : News18