Correct Answer : Option (D) - May 24th
Commonwealth Day is traditionally commemorated on the second Monday of March each year. However, Commonwealth Day is observed on May 24th in India every year.
Here are seven things you must know about Commonwealth Day:
* The day marks the establishment of the British Empire in India and other British colonies.
* Commonwealth Day was earlier known as Empire Day. Empire Day was first observed in 1901, following the death of Queen Victoria on January 22, 1901.
* The inaugural Empire Day was observed on May 24, 1902, the late Queen's birth anniversary.
* However, it was celebrated in many schools across the British Empire even before it was formally recognised as an annual event.
* On this day, youngsters were also treated to moving lectures and stories of the Empire's valour.
* By the 1950s, the British Empire had begun to disintegrate as several colonies gained independence, and Empire Day had lost its significance.
However, the majority of them kept ties with Britain and established the Commonwealth of Nations. Empire Day was renamed Commonwealth Day in 1958..Source : Times Now News