Correct Answer : Option (C) - NTPC and GGL
With a sustained focus on the environment, NTPC has taken the initiative of blending green hydrogen in the GGL (Gujarat Gas Limited) Piped Natural Gas (PNG) network at NTPC Kawas. In the presence of Mohit Bhargava, CEO, NTPC REL & ED RE, NTPC, and Sanjeev Kumar, MD-GGL & GSPL, a formal agreement between the two firms was signed.
This hydrogen blending project at NTPC Kawas is a ground-breaking initiative and the country’s first of its type. This is a step toward decarbonizing the culinary sector and achieving energy self-sufficiency for the country.
Important Points :
* Green hydrogen will be manufactured utilising power generated by NTPC Kawas’ current 1 MW floating solar facility. This will be mixed with PNG in a predetermined quantity and utilised at NTPC Kawas Township for culinary purposes.
* The initial percentage of hydrogen mixing in the PNG will be roughly 5%, with the percentage gradually increasing following successful completion.
* With a total installed capacity of 69 GW and a diverse fuel mix, NTPC is the country’s leading energy utility.
* The NTPC group aims to reach 60 GW of renewable energy in a decade and is now working on various green hydrogen experimental projects.
* GGL is India’s largest City Gas Distribution (CGD) company, with operations in 43 districts across six states and one union territory.