Correct Answer : Option (D) - Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu sunday (1s Jan 2023) announced to set up of Rs 101 crore CM’s Sukhashraya Sahayata Kosh for the destitute in the state.
Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh informed that 40 Congress MLAs agreed to contribute Rs one lakh each from their first salary for the fund and also requested the MLAs from BJP and other parties to contribute.
The collected fund will be spent on the higher education of destitute children to encourage them to pursue courses such as engineering, medicine, management, and other streams from reputed institutions like IIT, IIM, AIIMS, and NIT.
* CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu announced that there are 6,000 destitute children in Himachal Pradesh.
* The CM’s Sukhashraya Sahayata Kosh with an expenditure of Rs 101 crore would provide the facility of higher education to needy children.
* Through the CM’s Sukhashraya Sahayata Kosh other than bearing the educational expenses, the government would also provide Rs 4000 monthly pocket money to the destitute children and women pursuing higher education.
* The state government will bear the expenditure on skill development education, higher education, and vocational training of such children.
* They will also be given financial assistance as per their requirement so that they can lead a respectable life.
* The state government was committed to ensuring the welfare of needy children, orphans, destitute women, and senior citizens.
* The Chief Minister informed that receiving assistance from this fund would be free from government restrictions and no income certificate would be needed.
The assistance will be given directly to the beneficiary’s account immediately by the department of social justice and empowerment on a simple application...Source : Times of India