Correct Answer : Option (D) - Suzuki
India’s largest car manufacturer company Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) has announced that it will use cow dung to power its CNG cars.
* An MoU has been signed between Maruti Suzuki and Asia’s largest dairy manufacturer National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), SMC stated while announcing its growth strategy for 2030.
* The company in its growth strategy for 2030 said it has invested in Fujisan Asagiri Biomass that generates power from biogas derived from cow dung in Japan, and beginning its study.
* “While we expect the Indian market to grow toward FY2030, we also expect that the increase in total carbon dioxide (CO2) emission amount is unavoidable, regardless of reduction in CO2 emission from products.
* We will challenge to strike a balance between the increasing sales units and reducing total CO2 emission amount,” SMC said.
* Suzuki’s unique initiative to tackle this challenge is the biogas business, in which biogas derived from cow dung, which are dairy wastes that can be seen mainly in India’s rural area, will be produced and supplied.
* The company said this biogas could be used for Suzuki’s CNG models which account for approximately 70 per cent of CNG car market in India.
* The company said that it believes that the biogas business in India not only contributes to carbon neutrality, but also promotes economic growth and contributes to the society of India.
* “We are also in view of expanding the business to other farming areas in regions including Africa, ASEAN, and Japan in the future,” it added.
* Suzuki, the market leader of India’s automobile market which contributes to carbon neutrality and the economic growth of emerging countries, is consistent with the intent of the Paris Agreement, which requires harmony between developed countries and emerging countries for the reduction of CO2 emission.
* The company said it believes that it could contribute to its stakeholders throughout the world.
* Suzuki headquarters, Yokohama Lab, Suzuki R and D Center India and Maruti Suzuki will cooperate for efficient development by sharing the development in each field for future technologies, advanced technologies, and mass production technologies...