Correct Answer : Option (B) - Bangladesh
Youth from 70 countries will participate in a Global Youth Climate Summit 2022 to be inaugurated on Thursday(20th Oct 2022) in Khulna, Bangladesh.
* The three day summit between October 20-22 will bring together 650 youth in a hybrid format with 150 youth participating in person and 500 online.
* The youth will explore how they can lead the fight against climate change.
* Elaborating the purpose of the summit, Ejaj Ahmad, the CEO of the Global Youth Leadership Centre (GYLC) which is organising the programme, said that the GYLC is being launched as a global organisation to mobilise youth especially from the Global South to tackle the climate crisis.
* The mission of GYLC is to expand youth’s knowledge about climate science, equip them with leadership skills to take individual and collective action, and enable them to launch businesses that contribute to climate mitigation or adaptation.
* Ejaj Ahmad said that Khulna has been chosen as the inaugural venue of the GYLC as it is one of Bangladesh's most climate vulnerable regions.
* The youth taking part in the summit will undertake mangrove plantation in the Coastal belt to promote locally led climate adaptation and highlight the importance of mangroves, which are critical for human beings as well as for biodiversity.
* He said that to empower youth to take climate action, 10 delegates at the Summit will receive a grant of USD 1,000 each to implement their climate mitigation or adaptation project.
The Global Youth Climate Summit
will bring together renowned climate scientists
, leadership experts
, and youth climate activists..Source : AIR