Correct Answer : Option (D) - Justin Trudeau
Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has won the third term to serve as the PM of the country, after his party won the 2021 parliamentary elections on September 20, 2021.
* Justin Trudeau has won a third term as Canada’s prime minister, but his early election gamble to win a majority of seats failed.
* The Liberals won the most seats of any party, taking hold of 157 – the same number they won in 2019, and 13 short of the 170 needed for a majority in the House of Commons.
* It means Mr Trudeau, 49, and his second consecutive minority government will have to rely on other parties to govern.
* Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole, whose party placed second, conceded defeat as results trickled in late into the night.
* Early results indicated the Conservatives had 121 seats, the same number they won in 2019. The leftist New Democrats won 29, the Quebec-based Bloc Québécois were down three seats to 28, and the Greens remained at two seats.
* But Mr Trudeau’s party failed to win enough seats to avoid having to rely on help from other parties to pass legislation.
* Following his victory, he thanked his supporters and promised he would work with other parties for the good of all Canadians...