Correct Answer : Option (C) - Jitendra Singh
On 29th November 2021, a “unique” face recognition technology was launched by Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh.
• The face recognition technology would act as a proof of life certificate’ for pensioners and ensure ease of living for retired & elderly citizens.
• All pensioners must submit their life certificates annually to receive a pension as the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions has executed a facility to give certificates digitally.
• In 2014, when the government came to power, it decided to introduce and implement digital life certificates for the pensioners to receive a pension comfortably.
• The Unique face recognition technique, launched recently to provide a ‘life certificate’, will affect the lives of 68 lakh central government pensioners and those covered under the EPFO and state governments.
• The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has created this face recognition technology with the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
• The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) launched the initiative to contribute digital life certificates.