Correct Answer : Option (A) - 10,000
Ministry of Textiles has approved continuation of Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) with a total outlay of Rs 160 crore.
About CHCDS :
* The scheme will continue up to March 2026.
* The mega handicraft clusters having more than 10,000 artisans will be selected for overall development under this scheme.
* Infrastructural support, market access, design and technology up-gradation support etc will be provided to handicrafts artisans under this scheme.
* Objective of setting up these clusters is to assist the artisans & entrepreneurs to set up world-class units with modern infrastructure, latest technology, and adequate training and human resource development inputs, coupled with market linkages and production diversification.
* The focus will be on integration of scattered artisans, building their grass root level enterprises and linking them to SMEs in the handicrafts sector to ensure economies of scale.