Correct Answer : Option (D) - 10
* Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has introduced a new registration mark for new vehicles i.e. “Bharat series (BH-series)”. The vehicles bearing the BH-series mark will not have to require assignment of a new registration mark when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one State to another.
* Earlier, under section 47 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, if a person moves from one state to another, a person is allowed to keep the vehicle for not more than 12 months in any state other than the state where the vehicle is registered, but a new registration with the new state- registering authority has to be made within the stipulated time of 12 months.
* With the introduction of this “Bharat series (BH-series)” mark, there would be no need for new registration in the new state.
Who can apply for “BH-Series”?: This facility is available on a voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories.
Format of Bharat series (BH-series) Registration Mark – YY BH #### XX (10 alphanumeric)
* YY – Year of first registration
* BH- Code for Bharat Series
* ####- 0000 to 9999 (randomized)
* XX- Alphabets (AA to ZZ)
The motor vehicle tax will be levied for two years or in multiple of two. This scheme will facilitate free movement of personal vehicles across States/UTs of India upon relocation to a new State/UT. After completion of the fourteenth year, the motor vehicle tax shall be levied annually which shall be half of the amount which was charged earlier for that vehicle.