Correct Answer : Option (B) - Central city of Bagan
* Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi arrived on his first visit to Myanmar since the military seized power last year to attend a regional meeting that the government said was a recognition of its legitimacy and opponents protested as a violation of peace efforts.
* He will join counterparts from Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam in a meeting of the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation group in the central city of Bagan, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
* The grouping is a Chinese-led initiative that includes the countries of the Mekong Delta, a potential source of regional tensions due to an increasing number of hydroelectric projects that are altering the flow and raising concerns of ecological damage.
* China has built 10 dams along the upper stretch of the Mekong, the part it calls the Langcang.
* The Foreign Minister of Myanmar’s shadow government, which opposes the ruling military council, protested the Bagan meeting, saying any such efforts in partnership with junta violate the will of the people and undermine community building.
* The Basilica of Bom Jesus is a Roman Catholic basilica located in the Goa state, situated in the Konkan region of India. It is both a pilgrimage centre and also the most iconic monument of all the churches and convents of Goa, recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
* Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple, a protected monument of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) which is classified as UNESCO world heritage site.
Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is located in Panchmahal district in Gujarat, India..Source: The Hindu