Correct Answer : Option (C) - Maharashtra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to lay the foundation stone and inaugurate projects worth Rs 75,000 crores in Maharashtra.
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated (11th Dec 2022) Phase - I of Samruddhi Mahamarg connecting Nagpur and Shirdi covering a distance of 520 Kms.
* The 701 Km expressway is one of India's longest expressways and will pass through Maharashtra’s 10 districts. It is being built at a cost of about 55,000 crore rupees. Mr. Modi said, Samruddhi Mahamarg will ensure seamless connectivity across Maharashtra.
* He said, it will not only reduce the distance between these two cities but will connect 24 districts of Maharashtra in a modern way and provide agricultural progress, pilgrimage development, promotion of industries and employment opportunities.
* Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari, Dr. Bharati Pawar and Raosaheb Danwe Patil, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis were present on this occasion.
* The Prime Minister also dedicated AIIMS Nagpur to the nation to strengthen health infrastructure in the country. The foundation stone of the hospital was laid by the Prime Minister in July 2017. AIIMS Nagpur has been developed at a cost of more than 1,575 crore rupees.
* Earlier, the Prime Minister dedicated ‘Nagpur Metro Phase I’ to the nation, and laid the foundation stone of ‘Nagpur Metro phase- II’ at Khapri Metro Station this morning. The Prime Minister also flagged off two inaugural metro trains from Khapri to Automotive Square and Prajapati Nagar to Lokmanya Nagar.
* Phase I of the Nagpur Metro is developed at a cost of more than Rs 8650 crore while Phase- II will be developed at a cost of more than Rs 6700 crore.
* Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Train
will be operated six days a week except for Saturdays from both sides. The travel time from Nagpur to Bilaspur will be reduced to 5 hours 30 mins from 7-8 hours. *
Prime Minister took a ride in the Nagpur Metro from Freedom Park Metro Station and interacted with students, those from the start-up sector and citizens from other walks of life..Source : AIR